Activate Gujarati Inscript Keyboard
Gujarati Inscript Keyboard layout is the official keyboard recommended by the Indian Government to type in Indian scripts with Unicode such as Gujarati language. It is approved and recommended by Indian Govt.
Whether you know or not? Our windows system comes with Gujarati language support, we have to install Gujarati language pack. After that we can enable Gujarati Inscript keyboard on our windows system to type using Gujarati Inscript. Very simple steps are described following:
A. Gujarati Inscript Keyboard in Windows 11
B. Gujarati Inscript Keyboard in Windows 10
C. Gujarati Inscript Keyboard in Windows 8 and 7
D. Gujarati Inscript Keyboard in Windows XP
A. How to install Gujarati Inscript keyboard in Windows 11
1. Click on the Start button, then select Settings -> Time & Language -> Language & Region - as shown in below image:
2. In Language & region page click on -> Add a language, as highlighted in shown image:
3. A new window will open titled as "Choose a language to install". Search for Gujarati in search box and select ગુજરાતી (Gujarati) and click on Next Button -> Install button.
4. After Installation complete, you will see Gujarati appeared in preferred languages list as shown in below image:
5. Now you can enable/activate Gujarati In-script keyboard from language bar docked in task bar as shown in Image given below: You can switch language like: English, Gujarati and again in English as you required.
B. How to install Gujarati Inscript keyboard in Windows 10
1. Click on the Start button, then select Settings -> Time & Language -> Language.
2. In Language settings page click on Language -> Add a language, as highlighted in shown image:
3. A new window will open titled as "Choose a language to install". Search for Gujarati in search box and select (Gujarati) and click on Next Button -> Install button.
4. You would see Gujarati language started downloading and installing in your windows 10.
5. After Completion of Installation when you click on Gujarati you will get "Options" button there.
6. When you click on Option button will get a window open and shows a Icon of newly installed Keyboard "Gujarati INSCRIPT". Hureee! It's Done.
7. Now you can enable or activate Gujarati In-script keyboard from language bar present in task bar as shown in Image given below: You can switch language from English to Gujarati and again in English as you required.
C. How to Enable Gujarati Inscript Keyboard In Windows 8, 7 & Vista
1. Go to Regional and Language Options in Control Panel
2. Click on Change Keyboards button and then click on add button -> after that search for Gujarati (India) and -> Expand the + sign and select Gujarati Inscript Keyboard as shown in figure below.
3. Select Gujarati, Check Keyboard Layout and select Gujarati
4. Finally Click OK and Apply
How To Use Inscript keyboard
1. Open Any Application
2. Press alt + shift key , now you can write in Gujarati with Inscript keyboard and if you again press "alt+shift" then you will switch to English Keyboard
D. Steps for Enable Inscript Gujarati Keyboard in the Windows XP
Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Date, Time, Language and Regional Options.
1. Click on Regional and Language Options.
2. Click on the Languages tab as shown below.
- Under the heading 'Supplemental language support' check the item 'Install files for Complex Script and right-to-left languages (including Thai)'.
- Allow the OS to install necessary files from Windows XP disc Reboot
What to Select as User Locale, Location and System Locale?
- Click on the 'Regional Options' tab to set User Locale and Location.
- Under the heading 'Standards and format' select Hindi or any other language as your User Locale from the drop-down box. This selection will determine settings for numbers, currencies, times and dates as well as sorting rules for the language.
- Under the heading 'Location', select a country where you are physically located such as India.
Setting-up the Indian Language Keyboards or Input Locales In Regional and Language Options panel, click on the Languages Tab.
Once Languages tab is selected click on the 'Details' tab to install different input locales or Keyboards.
Click on the 'Add' button to add a keyboard for a particular language.
- In the drop-down box select Gujarati as the Input Language.
- A corresponding keyboard layout/IME will be automatically selected as shown below. Click OK to close the dialog boxes.